Procedure for Documenting Absences
Daily attendance is required of all students for success in class work and necessary for passing grades. Absentee students must submit an absence note to the main office upon return to school which has been signed by a parent, guardian or doctor. Parents and guardians must make every effort to contact school and teachers to obtain homework assignments when their youngsters are out from school for an extended period of time. Students should obtain telephone numbers of classmates whom they may contact for homework assignments when they are absent. Unexcused absences (cutting) may lead to a failing grade.
Students have three minutes to travel from one class to another. Be prompt! Excessive lateness will prevent students from full participation in subject classes and may result in lower grades or failure.
- When a student is absent from school, the parent/guardian must call the Main Office at 718-620-2560 before 9 A.M. to report the absence.
- A note, signed by the parent/guardian must be brought to the Main office before the student’s first class on the day of return. If a doctor treats the illness, a doctor’s note should be attached to the absence note. A doctor’s note is also required if a student is absent for 3 or more consecutive days.
- Absences are reported to parents by computer generated phone calls on the day of occurrence. If parents/guardians are unaware of the absence, they should call the Main Office.
Change of address or biographical information
- New York City law requires that each school maintain up-to-date biographical information for each student. It is imperative that the school is able to contact you in the event of an emergency and that important mail is able to reach you.
- Any change in address, telephone #, E-Mail or any other biographical information must be reported to the school.