Procedure for Documenting Absences
- When a student is absent from school, the parent/guardian must call the Main Office at 718-620-2560 before 9 A.M. to report the absence.
- A note, signed by the parent/guardian must be brought to the Main office before the student’s first class on the day of return. If a doctor treats the illness, a doctor’s note should be attached to the absence note. A doctor’s note is also required if a student is absent for 3 or more consecutive days.
- Absences are reported to parents by computer generated phone calls on the day of occurrence. If parents/guardians are unaware of the absence, they should call the Main Office.
Change of address or biographical information
- New York City law requires that each school maintain up-to-date biographical information for each student. It is imperative that the school is able to contact you in the event of an emergency and that important mail is able to reach you.
- Any change in address, telephone #, E-Mail or any other biographical information must be reported to the school. This can be done through the biographical form. Proper documentation must be included with the form.