Beginning in the fall twenty aspiring filmmakers each year will participate in the Honors Film
Program, which will serve as an advanced, intensive immersion into the art and business of narrative
filmmaking and be a course for 1 credit.
The Honors Film Program consists of three sections:
• On Wednesdays and Saturdays, students will be given the opportunity to team up with
advertising experts at Wieden+Kennedy and create commercial spots for the Jordan/Nike
• After weeks of brainstorming and writing scripts, Fellows pitch their ideas to top executives
for deliberation; the top scripts are then selected, cast, shot & produced by students with
help from Wieden+Kennedy.
The Thesis Film
• Six-month real world production, created by students and shot in an international location;
• Working as a group, students compete for crew positions (e.g., director or cinematographer)
while receiving advanced instruction in specialized areas;
• Past shoots have taken place in Germany, Mexico City, Paris, Uganda and Rio de Janeiro,
Shanghai, Johannesburg, and Kiev.
• Through an innovative partnership with H&H – a media membership organization with over
600 representatives from top film and entertainment companies in New York City – GFS
maintains partnerships with over 25 development, production and distribution companies
in the greater NYC area.
• Through individual meetings between potential interns and partners, students get to work
with a mentor in the field while contributing to and learning from the industry.