Computer and online accounts services available at TCS
Our School has over 450 academic and administrative computers with mobile computer labs in 90% of the class room. We provide the highest quality technology and comprehensive services in computer software, film equipment and networking technologies which support the education at TCS.
Student Only Accounts
1 – Classroom computer account
- Students receive a username and password from the school which logs them into classroom computers.
- This account provides students with a Home Directory in which they can save their work while at school and access from any computer in the building.
- Username and password information issued to incoming students within the first week of school. Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to reset their computer account password.
2 – TCS email account
- Students are given an email account when they enroll at The Cinema School. Students must check their email every day as it’s the school’s primary way of communicating important school information with students.
- Login from the The Cinema School webpage or http://mail.tcs-nyc.org
- Logon information is provided to incoming students during first week of school.
- Students who forget their password during the school year, Contact Mr.Ojeda Technology Coordinator
- During the summer, please email email@example.com
Parent Only Accounts
3 – Aris
The following information is from the NYC Department of Education regarding ARIS:
- ARIS Parent Link is a secure location, where you can easily find information regarding a student’s attendance and periodic assessments and NY State test results, including Regents exams. Parents can also access report card grades, unofficial transcripts, and important information about high school graduation requirements.
- Access to Aris can be obtained from Ms. Martinez, Guidance Consoler, at firstname.lastname@example.org . You must include your child’s name and 9 digit osis number.
The following information will be available there:
- Biographical data, including date of birth, current grade, gender, and ethnicity
- Special education status
- English Language Learner status
- Attendance data for the current year and the previous three years, and specific “absent” and “tardy” dates
- Course grades for the current year
- Enrollment history
- Scores for the past three years, when available, on the State English Language Arts, math, science, and social studies exams (grades 3-8)
- Scores on State Regents exams (grades 8-12)
- Scores on recent no-stakes periodic assessments in English Language Arts and Math
- Credits accumulated and progress toward graduation (for high school students)
When you log on, you will be able to access a tutorial that guides you through the information in Parent Link, teaches you how to use it to help your child improve academically, and provides links to resources you can use to work with your child at home.
TCS Acceptable Computer and Internet Policy: Download usage policy